Create Community Gardens--Announcing Next Training
- Subject: [cg] Create Community Gardens--Announcing Next Training
- From: "Sally McCabe" SMcCabe@Pennhort.org
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:26:36 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcXj0hP1ip2neemSQrCoWCWQx446ngQZarNA
- Thread-topic: Create Community Gardens--Announcing Next Training
Garden Tenders Basic Training
5 Wednesdays, beginning January 11
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 North 20th Street, 5th Floor Auditorium
Philadelphia, PA 19103
* Philadelphia Green's Garden Tenders is a self-help training
course for community groups and non-profit organizations within the city
of Philadelphia that are interested in starting community gardens on
vacant lots in parks, around schools and churches. The responsibility
for creating and maintaining a garden belongs to each group.
Participants learn how to get gardens started and how to keep them
going. The training course offers basic organizational information that
helps groups to establish successful, self-sustaining community gardens.
Upon completion of training, graduates are invited to attend additional
gardening workshops. The 15-hour (five sessions) "basic training" course
(offered twice a year) contains a mix of practical information:
obtaining permission to use sites; identifying community assets and
resources; and developing community networks.
* At least three members from each group are encouraged to attend
the "basic training" course.
* Pre-registration for basic training is required. To register,
or call Dawn at 215-988-8845 for an application. Deadline to register
is January 6.
For more information about Garden Tenders, call 215-988-8846 or email
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden