ACGA VOTE

Greetings ACGA members!

The members of American Community Gardening Association (ACGA) on this
list will be receiving a ballot in the mail for the 2000 ACGA board
election.

Please take a moment to vote and mark the issues of importance to you.
The ballot needs to be returned by November 30th.

Through a series of snafu's Janet Carter's bio was not on the ballot.
Please include this bio in your decision making:

JANET CARTER BIOGRAPHY
"My name is Janet Carter and I work as an Outreach Coordinator at
Philadelphia Green, The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, where I have
helped people start community gardens for the last 14 years. As a
long-time instructor, a minority woman, and a community gardener myself,
I feel I have a lot of varied and useful experience to offer the ACGA
Board. I was active in helping to set up the ACGA National Office in
Philadelphia, and have spent a lot of time giving technical assistance
to people who write, call or visit there.
As a former Board member active with the membership and nominations
committees, I know enough about the system to be able to get right to
work on important issues. I hope you will support me in my bid for a
position on the board. Thank you!"

For those folks on the list who are not ACGA members go to the  web site
www.communitygarden.org (About ACGA) and join the growing action or
contact the main office:!
100 N. 20th Street, 5th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1495