"Women in Agriculture"

Hi everybody,

My copy of The Virginia Gardener came today with an article about a new
bibliography recently published by the Alternative Farming Systems
Information Center (AFSIC) of the National Agricultural Library.

It goes on to say "Women in Agriculture and Rural Life: An International
Bibliography" Special Reference Grief 98-02) was compiled by Anne Effland of
USDA's Economic Research Service and AFSIC's Mary Gold.  Works are cited
from AGRICOLA, NAL's bibliographic database, and include nearly 1,500
articles, books, videotapes, reports and other materials published brom
January 1979 to March 1998. AFSIC produced the bibliography to coincide with
the Second International COofernece of Women in Agriculture, held in
Washington, D.C., June 28-July 2, 1998.

The publication can be found through NAL's homepage on the web at

Just reading the introduction is very interesting. It's on the 'table of
contents' page.

It also says that the National Agricultural Library is the largest
agricultural library in the world, with more than 3.3 million items in its

Maybe we could find something of interest there.

  "We must be the change we wish to see."   Mohandas Gandhi

Howard and Ruth Fair Leeb
Christiansburg, VA  24073-7359  USA
voice: 540-381-3694; fax: 540-381-0167
e-mail: lrhleebs@usit.net

                  The Bah' Faith
        already one of the world's great religions
          one God, one faith, one human family

          www.bahai.org      www.us.bahai.org