Position Announcement--Executive Director
Title: Position Announcement--Executive Director
Please post or circulate--thank you.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA) seeks an
Executive Director to provide leadership for growth of innovative
sustainable agriculture programming and education. This is an excellent
opportunity to further build the capacity of a dynamic, progressive
PASA is recognized for its success in building collaboration between a
range of groups. Our mission is to "promote profitable farms which
healthy food for all people while respecting the natural environment."
PASA's work focuses on incorporating sustainable agriculture into
development planning, improving locally-based food systems, and
positive relationships between agriculture and the natural environment.
organization currently has 780 members and a highly capable staff of
full time and two part time people. PASA publishes a quarterly
sponsors an annual conference, and implements well-developed programs in
community market building and farm-based education. Building on the
organization's 10 years of success, the new Director will take the
organization to a new level of effectiveness.
* Provide vision and leadership for sustainable agriculture in PA
* Initiate and develop new programs
* Develop and implement strategic planning with staff and Board
* Through participatory decision-making, coordinate, direct, and expand
programs with staff
* Take leadership for the current fundraising plan, including additional
* Further develop fundraising initiatives (i.e. endowments, Board of
Trustees, membership development)
* Provide overall program fiscal management, including grant reporting
* Work with a Board of Directors
* Build and maintain partnerships with government agencies, ag
educational institutions and other non-profits
* Lead effort for the annual PASA conference with staff and committee
* Guide the communication strategy and serve as a media spokesperson
* Understanding of farming and sustainable agriculture
* Commitment to the PASA mission and plan
* Experience and demonstrated skills in leading and managing non-profit
* Successful fundraising track record
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to relate to diverse groups of people in many settings
* Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to support the leadership
* Supervisory experience preferred
$40,000-60,000 (DOE). Comprehensive benefits package, including
PASA is headquartered in the beautiful Penns Valley region of Central
Pennsylvania, in the town of Millheim, a rural community 21 miles east
Send a hard copy of resume, cover letter and 5 references including
Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA), Executive
Director Search, 114 West Main St., PO Box 419, Millheim, PA 16854.
Deadline for Application:
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by November 3, 2000.
Applications received later will receive delayed consideration.
We welcome men and women of all cultures and backgrounds to apply.
Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture is an Equal
For more information:
Phone (814) 349-9856 ext. 234