RE: More on Allergy-Free Gardening>

More on Asthma:
I developed asthma as an adult as a direct result of molds and pollens. I
still remember the "smoke"  coming off a pile of wood chip mulch that had
been sitting  for 2 weeks. I spent the next week thinking I had pneumonia
but when I woke up at 4:00am unable to take a single sniff of air into my
lungs I began learning all about asthma the hard way. Now any kind of mold
will set me off, as well as Maple pollen, cold air, bleach, perfume,
gasoline or other strong scent. Roach droppings make me sick as well as
breathless (I think I hold my breath when I detect their particular odour).
And stress exacerbates it as well.

The original mold  irritant has left me overly sensitive to many different
triggers, as is the case with most other asthmatics. Our lungs are twitchy
and easily set off.

So I don't think you can lay the blame on one thing more than another. There
are too many airborne irritants in our irritating world and tree pollen is
one we can do something about minimizing.

Laura

  community_garden-admin@mallorn.com