educational programs in CG

  • Subject: [cg] educational programs in CG
  • From: "Sally McCabe" <smccabe@pennhort.org>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:00:45 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: sara spence [mailto:saraeve@alltel.net]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 9:42 PM
To: Sally McCabe; Sally McCabe
Subject: question

Hi Sally - My name is Sara Spence.  I have contacted you before and you have always been very helpful to me so I decided to contact you one more time.  I am in the last semester of my masters studies at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln and am working on my final research project.  I have a large interest in community gardens and have chosen this as my area of study.  I am very interested in educational opportunities in the community garden settings.  These can be in the form of formal education (classes) and non-formal education (signage and brochures).  I was wondering if there is any literature that you know of out there on the benefits (mostly social and physical) of education in the community garden?  Are there any gardens that you know of that have an excellent program in education?  This information would be very helpful.  I have been looking hard for information and have not been able to find any.
I am hoping to a case study on some of the gardens and their education programs.  I am hoping to one day start a community garden program in Nebraska and think this study would be very beneficial to me doing that.  I would really appreciate it if you had any information for me.  My e-mail address is saraeve@alltel.net.  Thanks so much!  Sara Spence