FW: history of community gardens

  • Subject: FW: [cg] history of community gardens
  • From: "Sally McCabe" <smccabe@pennhort.org>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:57:02 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Julia Feder (by way of Sally McCabe)
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 7:33 PM
To: smccabe@pennhort.org
Subject: [cg] history of community gardens

I am a master's student in Environmental Studies at Antioch New England
Graduate School.  I am in the process of formulating my thesis, which will
look at various models of community gardens.  I would like to evaluate the
social and economic effect of gardens, the ability for gardens to
cultivate a sense of place, security, and health within a community.  The
primary method of data collection will be through case studies.
The first step in developing this thesis is to review previous studies
done on community gardens, and other relevant literature.  In particular,
I am interested in collecting background information about the community
garden movement.
Any suggestions of potential resources will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you very much.

Take care.
Julia Feder
Antioch New England Graduate School