Re: Insurance

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Insurance
  • From: Grow19@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:14:48 EDT

check with the Land Trust Alliance (natl organization headquartered in Wash
LTA developed an insurance policy for use nationally that their affiliates
across the country use.  Because it is designed to insure vacant land, our
local community gardening organization also uses it, without affiliation with
LTA.  What you need to find out from LTA is who in your area is the agent and
then go from there to find out what the minimum premium would be, whether or
not you need to be a 501(c)(3) or just a 'club' etc.  I don't have their
phone or web.  Try typing Land Trust Alliance into a good web search engine
like google.com.

Judy Tiger
Washington DC