Re: Plants for community garden

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Plants for community garden
  • From: Tamsin Salehian tamsin@sparecreative.com
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1970 23:37:12 +1000

Title: Re: [cg] Plants for  community garden
It will be interesting to see how raspberries grow here, it is probably getting a little late to plant them (we’ve just begun the second month of spring) but we will give it a go on a small scale. I think I’ll see if the local organic gardening mob have any advice for our local area, I know a friend’s mum grows a tasty few on the outskirts of Melbourne (where it gets a few degrees colder). Is there a way of possibly dividing any of her canes or taking cuttings or is it too late or just not done? (Raspberries fruit on wood grown the year before????) All this talk of raspberries and it is the season to be eating them for most of the readers of this list no doubt? - I’ll have to stick with a pot of jam until our raspberries fruit in 6 months time (all being well).