Re: [LAEV] Help save urban garden in Los Angeles

  • Subject: [cg] Re: [LAEV] Help save urban garden in Los Angeles
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:00:10 EST

Friends,

This came from a member of the American Community Gardening Association  American Community Gardening Association about a highly productive LA garden that feeds the hungry in their area.  Please take the time to send a snail mail letter and a well phrased e-mail to the political decision makers listed below. Often out-of-town letters and e-mails can get the attention of political staffers who then forward them to the decision makers.

As in " why in the hell would somebody 3,000 miles away give a damn about this garden?" Also e-mailing and writing Governor Gray Davis:

Governor Gray Davis
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: 916-445-2841
Fax: 916-445-4633
governor@governor.ca.gov

and Governor-elect Schwartzenegger's transition team at:

Join Arnold.com

While I am a left-leaning yellow-dog Democrat, I know that you miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. Land use is inherently political - take a shot, all they can say is no, and then you work on plans B &C.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,
Clinton Community Garden

Subj: Fwd: Re: [LAEV] Help save urban garden
Date: 10/26/03 8:44:35 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: libby@igc.org