Re: Korean Vegetable/Herb [shi do/ Zi su]

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Korean Vegetable/Herb [shi do/ Zi su]
  • From: "Sharon Gordon" <gordonse@one.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:54:46 -0400

> is this the stuff?
> http://www.evergreenseeds.com/evergreenseeds/perjapshis.html

***I don't think so.  It doesn't look quite like any perillas or shisos I've
grown or that Evergreen has.  The leaf on the mystery ones is a little more
maple-leafy.  Though I suppose it could be a different variety.  Several of
the Korean gardeners do grow the Large Leaf Korean Perilla which Evergreen
has and their red leaf ones which look very different from each other and
the mystery plant.  And perilla does certainly have some tendencies toward
rampancy.

Sharon
gordonse@one.net