community_garden listserve

I've noticed a number of people dropping off the list lately and I'm not
sure how many more have silently unsubscribed on their own.  My concern is
that the community_garden list has had quite a bit of traffic lately
focused on anti biotechnology, and very little on community gardening
management issues (this is not to say that the biotechnology discussion is
not relevant to community gardening).  My fear is that we are loosing
contact with folks whose experience and knowledge we could benefit from
because of the volume of traffic on the list that is not central to
community gardening.

I wonder if there would be merit in setting up a separate list and inviting
all those who are interested in biotechnology to join that list to carry on
those discussions?  What do you guys think?

Lucy Bradley

Lucy K. Bradley
Extension Agent, Urban Horticulture
Maricopa County