Re: community_garden listserve

Sorry..I just have to add my two cents here..and say
hats off to the uproar of disapproval concerning the
'screening' of allowable topics allowed on this
listserve. I think I'd more likely expect such
screening on the 'I love bioengineering' listserve.
Who cares if you are uninterested in a specific topic
(even if it effects each and every one of us).. Can't
you just skip over what you feel you're unconcern
with? I remember a discussion over religion which I
had absolutely no interest in...and skipped over it
AND thought nothing of it. Topics/discussions should
never be preset or enforced, especially on a site like
this. Topics come and go, and even though you think
they are irrelavent there are also people out there
who don't..that's the beauty of a site like this! In
fact here's a tidbit for any one looking for a great
folk festival in Nova Scotia..check out their site at
www.folkharbour.com !!
I happen to be writing a paper on genetic engineering
and thought the topic was a goldmine!
Do you know that we ALL have been eating genetically
engineered products for well over three years!
I think that's very relavent to cg's as they will soon
be, and perhaps are, the only source of true and
reliable foods. As a vegan, I might as well throw out
all my beliefs as the majority of soybeans in North
America have been gentically engineered. 60% of soy
products have GE soybeans..thats ice cream, margarine,
PASTA, CEREALS...yikes!
Wait...am I getting off topic...
Just my two cents to keep this an 'open' forum.
Thanks for taking the time to read it,
Ben Anderson
bander14@yahoo.com