Re: community_garden listserve

If people are leaving, but not saying why, then who's to say.
I've left before solely because I didn't have time to read the messages, and
was not interested in deleting messages daily.

If the server manager (is that you, Lucy?) has those persons' emails, drop them
a line and ask.

Personally, I used to get very frustrated that community gardeners were not
addressing environmental issues. It suggested they didn't see or did not want
to see the web of it all. I agree the topic should not stray too far for too
long from cg, but, as with any conversation, the topic will shift off from time
to time.

Be it GMOs or another agricultural topic, I think it's good that it's discussed
here, in that the dialog here can be used to educate cg-ers who are not online,
who, I would guess WAY out-number those of us who are.

I feel that GMOs are a very relevant topic here, in that control and ownership
of seed companies is becoming VERY concentrated into agribusiness hands.
Shutting out GMO conversation here indirectly lends to such concentration of
seed power, in that cg-ers will have less access to knowledge and organized
action to empower ourselves to keep our nation's seed supply free from
Microsoft-style monopolies.

I mean, how many community gardeners are eating GMO and don't even know it, and
wouldn't if they did?

In solidarity,
John E. Verin

--