Urgent Request for Non-Toxic Weed killer for Pesticide Free Elem. School

I have an urgent request.  I am in need of a legal defoliant to use as an
alternative
to Round-Up.  Tridelphia Ridge Elementary School is a Voluntary Pesticide
free elementary school.  It has 2 athletic fields, approx. 4 acres, that need
to be
redone.  The counties school maintenance team is proposing to spray the
4 acres with Round-Up.  We have several children in the school who are
registered with the state of Maryland as Pesticide Sensitive.  If you have any
known NON-TOXIC alternatives to defoliat the 4 acres, we would greatly
appreciate your recommentations and comments.

  We also heard that Vinegar sprayed on weeds, in the cracks
of walls and sidewalks, kills the weeds because it allows the sun to then
burn them up.  If that is known to you, please let me know.  I will thank you
in advance for any help that is passed along.  Lisa