Need more garlic varieties. . .

Hi, Folks!

Since I couldn't come join you all at the ACGA conference in Atlanta, I
stayed home and polished my garlic for the Philadelphia Harvest Show, which
was this weekend.

All this work sort of paid off -- I had a nice basket of 10 garlic varieties
which was the Runner-Up for Best in Show.  I lost Best of Show to a basket
of 67 eggplant varieties.

Now, obviously, numbers count to the Harvest Show judges and to narrow that
gap between 10 varieties of garlic and 67 varieties of eggplant, I OBVIOUSLY
NEED TO PLANT MORE VARIETIES OF GARLIC!!!!!!

So, if you have any garlic varieties that I don't have, please consider
sending me a few bulbs of your seed stock (I'd be happy to swap any of the
neat stuff that I have in exchange).  Otherwise, it appears that Eggplant
people will take over the earth and we all know we don't want *that*! ;-P

Oh, and my community garden won the Sweepstakes Award, given to the
community garden given the most blue ribbons.  So the weekend wasn't a total
loss to eggplant, but, still -- send garlic!  Having come so close to
Horticultural Perfection, only to be dashed by the bitter flesh of *many*
eggplants is almost more than I can bear. . .

(Anyone inspired to *give* me some cool garlic yet? ;-D)

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of