Re: school project

>I live in Louisville, Ky and would like to help establish a gardening
>project for local school children.  I have read a little about programs
>for elementary  school children and would like to obtain detailed
>information about curriculum/lesson plans, ways to incorporate gardening
>into existing lessons and also practical info about how to make this
>work in a school system which already seems to be overburdened (i.e.
>teachers generally aren't looking for something which will be a lot of
>trouble).  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>Also, I reviewed the agenda from your annual meeting in Atlanta and
>several speakers seemed to be discussing exactly what I am interested
>in.  Are there any handouts or outlines from the meeting?

Hi Franklin

There are a lot of school gardening resources at our site that cover
what you're looking for. See:

School gardens - introduction and overview
School gardens page
School gardening resources
Trees and forests -- resources for schools
School composting
School fish pond

I hope this helps.

Best wishes