Re: From Edie Stone, ED of GreenThumb

  • Subject: Re: [cg] From Edie Stone, ED of GreenThumb
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:49:31 EDT

Edie & Friends

This is from Lenny Librizzi, in case you haven't seen the message. Maybe
Gerard was diverted to Canada but I'm sure we'll hear from him.  We'll have
to hope about Tessa,

Adam,
 I am fine. I was on the Staten Island Ferry coming into Manhattan as the
first  plane hit but did not hear or  see anything. As I was riding
my bike up to the office along the
East River I saw people looking up and that's when I first saw fire and
sparkling debris coming out of the   north tower. From my office window I
could also see the tower
burning but I was in another office and felt and heard a tremendous explosion
when the second plane hit. We   left the building right away and I rushed
back to the ferry.
The first building collapsed on my way to the ferry and I just got on as they
were closing the ferry gates.   That was the last ferry that left for many
hours. We took off in a
cloud of smoke which only cleared when we got about a half mile out. The
second building collapsed just before   we arrived on Staten Island. I'm
happy to be safe at
home with my family.  Not sure when we will know the full extent of what
happened. So far everyone I know is  safe. For some reason a number of people
were late for
work, sick or out of town.
Lenny