Neighborhoods

Here on the west coast in Oregon we feel still close to you in the cities
struck by these horrible acts. We hear our own F16s screaming across the
skies, and no commercial air travel overhead for the last three days. We
grieve. I am so grateful for the stories from Adam, Lenny, Ellen, Tom, and
many more who have shared their impressions across this list serve. All
those in my office and in our maintenance yard have heard them, and it
brings us all closer. I went to the Fulton Community garden this morning,
where life was abundant, the flickers, robins and wild canaries were
flitting from sunflowers to woods, and into the fruit trees. The garden is a
healing spot, even if the garden is signified by flowers brought to a
memorial, or a card of sympathy illustrated with flowers. Neighborhood to
neighborhood, person to person, the bonds are strong between us.

Blessings to all, to those who give blood, send money, pray, and those who
witnessed more.

Leslie