Re: re the message

  • Subject: [cg] Re: re the message
  • From: Yvonne <saloufki@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:01:12 -0700 (PDT)

Osama bin Laden also calls himself "a man of God
(Allah)" and purports to do the will of God by
ridding the world of us, the infidels,monsters of
greed and power.  It's all relative, don't you

My sincere prayer is that we may all break out of
our limited, fear-driven viewpoints and
acknowledge what that great prophet, visionary,
guru of truth said so well:  "we has met the
enemy and they is us"--Pogo.

There is much beauty, strength, awareness and
love within this nation.  But so is there among
other nations.  I suggest this is a time to come
to terms with how our affluence, consumerism,
military might and fossil fuel-hungry society has
affected the rest of the world, not always for
the better.  Unless we can look within and be
strong enough to take even some small
responsibility for the hatred directed towards
us, we will never be able to move beyond
retribution. I believe we are capable of
something greater than that.

"May he who is without sin be the first to cast