policy question

  • Subject: [cg] policy question
  • From: Tiffany Bucknam <tbucknam@du.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:06:49 -0600

Hello. I am a social work student interning in a community
gardening agency. My supervisor asked me a question about
policy that I'm having a hard time answering. Maybe you can
help.

He mentioned to me that in the late 1970's/early 1980's
legislation was passed that funded the start of community
gardening organizations in each state. Then, more recently,
another bill was passed that provided funds for community
gardening as well. I'm having a booger of a time hunting down
the exact bills, but I think that the recent one is the Community
Food Securities Act of 1995.

My question is twofold. First, what are these bills? Second, did
the funds provided in the first bill get replaced by the funds
provided in the second, or is that money still available?

If anybody has any info on this, I would love to hear from you.
Thanks!!!

Tiffany Bucknam
tbucknam@du.edu