RE: Subject Matter

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Subject Matter
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:46:50 -0400

Leonard and Friends,

Knowing how something like this can turn into a "web storm", I want to diffuse this right away. I raise my hand: Guilty as charged!

What was I thinking?

I forwarded the NYC political maneuvering as a follow-up on the World Trade Center Disaster as a heads up to anybody, God forbid, who has a disaster in their neighborhood - CB 1 contains several community gardens and a several community gardens. Unusual times for all of us, especially gardeners to be involved with. Many of our Lower East Side Gardeners are digging out from several inches of WTC debris that "blew" over that morning, and Green Thumb, our city's community gardening group still has no telephone service.  But I agree, my missive on this topic was off  topic. Foolish me.

What were the others thinking?

How could   NWR drilling be apropos to our list serve?  This depends, of course,  if the larger environment  outside of our garden gates is important to this community, especially if something as potentially devastating as the ANWR drilling may sneak through our regulatory process. However, this is debatable. We all need to tend to our compost piles.

Seriously, Leonard, your point is well taken: this list is what the contributors make it. Please start the ball rolling again in the gardening direction with your next contribution.

Best wishes,

Adam Honigman

Best wishes,
Adam