Re: Subject Matter

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Subject Matter
  • From: Dboek@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:50:22 EDT

Hey, y'all,

As somebody who usually finds myself speaking up for including more 'dirty
knees gardening' in ACGA materials and programs, I want to say I'm deeply
grateful for the broader perspective of this list and of this organization. I
think of this list as being a way to hang out at a 'virtual garden gate',
swapping stories not just of how to grow big tomatoes, but of how we
understand the political and cultural landscape in these times. I like Judy's
ideas about clear subject lines and using the delete button, one of the
greatest inventions since mulch. But for me, as much as I love gardening for
its own sake, I deeply value the political and social discussions on this
list. At times, living in conservative southern city, the 'non-gardening'
discussions on this list are both an inspiration and a lifeline to me.

Don Boekelheide
Charlotte NC