Re: multilogue, publications, and research

  • Subject: Re: [cg] multilogue, publications, and research
  • From: Tom Tyler <ttyler@vt.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:14:59 -0400

The Review disseminates best practices in community greening.
The Multilogue is a newsletter and communication tool for members.
At 02:00 PM 9/28/01 -0400, Amanda Maria Edmonds wrote:

>hey all... several things to touch on/ask today... i'll try to enumerate
>to simplify.
>
>1) Tom Tyler (or Anne, et al)-- Could you give a one or two sentence
>description of the purpose of the Multilogue, and a one sentence
>description of the Community Greening Review-- I'd love the clarification
>of the different purpose of the two publications... I've read (and loved)
>both, but am not entirely clear of their different purposes...
>
>2) As for renaming the Multilogue, my thought is that it should both
>resonate with ACGA folks AND with external readers, funders, et al... it
>would make me lean towards a name that is moreso on the professional side.
>I personally like Gardenview: The Journal of the ACGA, because I think it
>speaks to multiple constituencies in that way...
>
>3) Research!  I know I talked to many research-related folk in Utah, and
>it's been on my list of things to do to informally network these kind
>together... Just for my own purpose, I'd created a little database
>(meaning a single spreadsheet) of anyone who's written to the listserve
>inquiring about research.  I'd like to expand this and hear from all of
>you!  If people in/related to/interested in community garden related
>research want to email me, I'll work on forming an informal network... I'd
>also love names of others you know who are into such things.  Ed-- let's
>be in touch.
>
>Happy fall to you all.
>Amanda Edmonds

Tom Tyler
Extension Agent - Environmental Horticulture
Unit Coordinator
Virginia Cooperative Extension - Arlington County
3308 S. Stafford St.
Arlington, VA 22206

703-228-6423 (P)
703-228-6407 (F)
E-Mail: ttyler@vt.edu
<http://offices.ext.vt.edu/arlington>

President, American Community Gardening Association:
<http://www.communitygarden.org>