multilogue, publications, and research

  • Subject: [cg] multilogue, publications, and research
  • From: Amanda Maria Edmonds <aedmonds@umich.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:00:28 -0400 (EDT)

hey all... several things to touch on/ask today... i'll try to enumerate
to simplify.

1) Tom Tyler (or Anne, et al)-- Could you give a one or two sentence
description of the purpose of the Multilogue, and a one sentence
description of the Community Greening Review-- I'd love the clarification
of the different purpose of the two publications... I've read (and loved)
both, but am not entirely clear of their different purposes...

2) As for renaming the Multilogue, my thought is that it should both
resonate with ACGA folks AND with external readers, funders, et al... it
would make me lean towards a name that is moreso on the professional side.
I personally like Gardenview: The Journal of the ACGA, because I think it
speaks to multiple constituencies in that way...

3) Research!  I know I talked to many research-related folk in Utah, and
it's been on my list of things to do to informally network these kind
together... Just for my own purpose, I'd created a little database
(meaning a single spreadsheet) of anyone who's written to the listserve
inquiring about research.  I'd like to expand this and hear from all of
you!  If people in/related to/interested in community garden related
research want to email me, I'll work on forming an informal network... I'd
also love names of others you know who are into such things.  Ed-- let's
be in touch.

Happy fall to you all.
Amanda Edmonds

     We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -Gandhi