Re: multilogue, publications, and research

  • Subject: Re: [cg] multilogue, publications, and research
  • From: Sally McCabe <sallymcc@libertynet.org>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:18:44 -0400

History lesson again (That's why they pay me the big bucks!):

The original purpose of the Multilog (or "Salty Dog") (Or just plain "Dog")
was to get out the news too timely to put in the _Journal_, which came out
3 or 4 times a year. The other purpose was as a brag sheet for people to
share press , stories, & tips. It was not intended to be used outside the
general membership, and came out whenever there was enough stuff to fill 8
pages, usually 4-6 times a year. It wasn't until about 1988 or so that
anyone started to clean it up enough to let anyone outside the members see
it.

It was also a space for students to post requests for info or job
placements or resumes.