What is a good method of marking garden plots?

  • Subject: [cg] What is a good method of marking garden plots?
  • From: "Annie, Ollie, and Amy Z." ecgarden@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:28:48 -0700 (PDT)

I am one of the garden coordinators at the
Experimental College Community Garden located on the
U.C. Davis campus in the Central Valley of California.

Our current method of marking plots is with a  1 x 2
wooden stakes with the plot number painted on it.  The
obvious problem is that the wood rots, and the painted
numbers become illegible within a year.

Does anyone have a better idea to mark plots?
Ideally, the solution would be is cost effective, long
lasting, and not too much work....  (We have close to
500 plots.)

Thank you for your suggestions,
Amy Z

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com