Need tips on installing and purchasing park benches

  • Subject: [cg] Need tips on installing and purchasing park benches
  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:42:34 -0400

Hi, Folks!

Due to the great interest in our labyrinth project, I'm thinking that I need to install a full-size park bench next to the labyrinth instead of the small stone bench we had originally considered.

So, if you're going to install a park bench at your community garden (and I know a lot of you have done this already), what type of park bench would you buy? Are the ones on "end of year clearance sale" at Sears Hardware sufficient, or since this poor bench is going to be banged on by little kids besides being used by labyrinth walkers to collect their thoughts, do I need a more "heavy duty" bench. And just where does one purchase "heavy duty" park benches?

Also, once one gets the park bench, how does one secure it so that it doesn't wander off (let alone being tipped over by aforementioned small children)? We'll be purchasing a small curved stone bench for the center of the labyrinth -- any advice on how to secure it, also?

Thanks so much for your help!

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of

______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org