FYI: Master Gardeners and Community Gardens in Minnesota
- Subject: [cg] FYI: Master Gardeners and Community Gardens in Minnesota
- From: "Diane Dodge" firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:56:42 -0500
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:46:29 -0500
Reply-To: Mary Meyer <email@example.com>
From: Mary Meyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: New Initiative with Master Gardeners and Community Gardens
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Hi Master Gardeners and metro MG Coordinators,
Several of you are currently working on community gardens. In order
to build on this and increase our efforts, we are starting a new
initiative with Master Gardeners and community gardens for 2006. All
interested MG, especially from the 7 county metro area, are invited to
attend a meeting on Tuesday, November 15 from 6-8:30 pm at the MSHS
headquarters in Falcon Heights. A light dinner will be served.
The goals of the meeting are:
1. To identify and bring together MG interested in community gardens
especially from the 7 county metro area. NOTE: MG from all counties are
2. Identify 2-3 gardens per county for MG teaching in 2006.
Work for an additional meeting after November 15:
1. With MG input and survey feedback from MN Green members, identify
needs and goals specific to each garden for 2006.
2. Incorporate evaluation into the 2006 MG plans, so in the fall of
2006, we will be able to measure what was accomplished.
3. Solicit additional MG, where needed, to work in the identified pilot
If you work in community gardens, especially in the metro, please
consider attending this meeting. Discuss this within your county and be
sure a MG from your metro county comes to the November meeting. MG
Coordinators, please announce this, email to MG in your county, and
Please rsvp to Mary Meyer, by November 1! Many thanks for all your
volunteer work in your community.
Mary Meyer, Anne Gachuhi,and Vicky Vogels, MSHS
Mary H. Meyer, Ph.D.
Department of Horticultural Science
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
3675 Arboretum Drive
Chaska, MN 55318
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: email@example.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden