GWA Can Help Katrina Victims (fwd)

  • Subject: [cg] GWA Can Help Katrina Victims (fwd)
  • From: "Deborah Ann Williams" will1322@msu.edu
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:21:30 -0400

Speaking of how to help Katrina victims, I think this speaks as to how we
need to help our own right now as most resources have and will be diverted
to the gulf coast these next several months.  Hurricane season still has two
months to go and my understanding of the cyclic nature of the conditions
creating this horrible time is that we have not seen anything yet, that the
next few years may be even worse.

As far as helping those in the devastated region, a lesson I learned from
September 11th is that those that are closest to the situation need money to
spend on what they need, when they need it.  I do not believe that I can
determine what is best from 1000 miles away.

The forwarded email is from the Garden Writers of America (GWA. If you are
not familiar with the acronym PAR it is the Plant a Row for the Hungry
Program.

Debby Williams in mid-Michigan