How many seasons can a gardener renew a plot?

  • Subject: [cg] How many seasons can a gardener renew a plot?
  • From: "Ashland Community Garden" ACGarden@mind.net
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:11:59 -0700

Greetings ACGA Members,

The City of Ashland in Oregon is officially adding community gardens
to its park system. We are in the process of establishing guidelines
for the Parks' community gardens. I would like to know what your
community garden's policy is around plot renewal.  If you have time to
respond via email, I would be grateful.  If you would like to chat in
greater detail, send me your phone number and I'll contact you.

When developing guidelines for your community garden, how did you deal
with concurrent plot registration? How many seasons can a gardener
renew his or her registration for the same plot?  Do you let gardeners
renew year after year? If yes or no, what is your justification?

I look forward to hearing from you on this issue.

Best regards,
Patrick Marcus
Advocate, Ashland Community Garden