30th on the 30th

  • Subject: [cg] 30th on the 30th
  • From: "Libby J. Goldstein" libby@igc.org
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 20:04:29 -0400

year of growing together on September 30, 2006.

 From 11 AM to 2 PM there will be an open house with light refreshments
prepared and served by the gardeners. Everyone is invited to join us
for garden tours and conversation.

Check out our easy do it watering system and our solar electric system
for powering our tools and even some lighting as well as the wide
variety of herbs, vegetables, fruit and flowers grown by our 70
community gardeners.

All of our many supporters from Mayor Street and Governor Rendell to
Senator Specter and members of city council and the Pennsylvania
legislature have been invited. (We wouldnt be here were it not for
them.) Visitors might even be able to  grab them for a  brief private

If people want to hang around for more substantial food, our 30th
ANNUAL BARBECUE with a whole roast pig and all manner of vegetarian
side dishes will begin at 2 PM. Barby tickets are $10 for grown-ups and
$5 for kids under 12.

If you're in the neighborhood, do come by!