RE: Starting a community garden

First contact the websites for "The Trust for Public Land" and NYC's "Green

First and foremost community gardens are created by people in a community
who look at a garbage strewn lot ( in urban areas) or a commons or church
yard in small towns. Ideally it is a group of commited gardeners of varying
levels of competence but, and this is an important but, with more than a few
with people, teaching and organizational skills.

In a community garden there are no chiefs, only gardeners.
Check out our website & links: clintoncommunity garden.org

Good luck!