A question about proposals

Hello, community gardeners of the internet world!
I have a quick question that someone may be able to give me a bit of direction on.  My name is Liberty Hodges and I work for Daniels Plant Food.  We, here at Daniels, are going about trying to establish a community garden and, as I'm sure you all know, it gets pretty harry when you're trying to navigate the information super highway and you're getting blindsided with so much information.  At any rate, I am looking for a particular site or place I can go to get some examples of proposals that have been written to present at city council meetings, board meetings etc.  Basically, I was trying to get a format to follow that would present a community gardening project in the most professional and convincing manner possible.
 I am in the process of getting some books on community gardening that may have the information in them so excuse me if I'm asking a question that seems rather premature.  Again, I would appreciate any advice or information that anyone has to offer.  Even phone numbers or specific books to check out would be greatly appreciated.  As I am not a member of this listserv, I would appreciate it if your replies could be e-mailed to the address below.  Thank you so much for your time.  I hope to hear from many of you.
Liberty Hodges