Quixotic in Brazil and in the USA

Dear Friends,

The list of interesting pages on community agriculture is here:
http://www.partners-bsbdc.org/grant2.htm
Dear Adam,

Of course I agree with each word you have said about Brazilian government
negligence regarding the environmental degradation - that is much more spread
than your words suggest. It is not only the rain forest, but every natural
region, rivers, farming lands, urban landscapes, everything is fading away so
fast, so fast... The situation worsened very much with the current neoliberal
government of Fernando Henrique Cardoso, who the US press and academic world
use to consider as a "model of modern, democratic leader for the emerging
countries". His idea was to apply the "consensus of Washington" rules,  trying
to overcome our historical difficulties without changing the status quo... So
today the Brazilian population and nature are paying a price too high for our
descendants...

Anyway, anyway, I would like to remember that the - in spite of having a
stronger environmental awareness and a very active community gardening
programming all around the country - the US faces and causes environmental
problems - for its population and for the entire planet - very more serious
than the Brazilian ones. How much times is the American annual consumption of
natural resources bigger than Brazilian consumption? And the production of
garbage and pollutants? Who are- right now - trying to feed us genetically
adulterated food?   So, for all these reasons, I consider myself as Quixotic
than anyone in this list...

Anyway again, I understand that beyond our political and cultural borders, we
share a same small planet, and our countries, as the most important in their
respective Americas, should interact very much more (I am talking about what we
have of better, not interchanging nullifies... - that is what happens often).
Let's collaborate?

Yours, Joaquim