Re: Using newspapers

They are really awful when you next try to fork over your dirt:   the
fork doesn't go through that layer.     I used them in Ohio on my
vegetables for 20 years but didn't use the colored pages.    I threw 2-3
inches of dirt on top to keep them from blowing.    By the next plowing,
they were part of the soil.
	Here, near Phoenix, I put them under a layer of sawdust in a path and
this week was trying to turn them into the soil.......they didn't
disintegrate as well as they did in Ohio where we had 43 inches of rain
each year.   I think I discovered this idea in Organic Gardening which
you should evaluate first..........
	I don't think it would work very well with Bermuda Grass.