Re: Re: Killing Platycerium an Essay

Hi Carol:

You are doing nothing wrong.  It is likely that you
are not watering often enough with your hose to cause
a problem.  I know of no one who has ever lost a plant
because of rain.  As I stated in the essay, Mother
Nature has taught Platycerium how to protect its bud
from rotting due to excess moisture.  The gist of the
essay was that Platycerium like to be kept damp to
moist but never wet for extended periods.  I too kept
a P. Bifurcatum cv Florida Beauty alive for 14 years
on bananas.  I am sorry to report that a lot of pups
died due to my over watering with a hose.

My plants respond well to a mild feeding of Miracle
Grow every other week.

Dan

http://finance.yahoo.com