Re: Angiopteris

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Angiopteris
  • From: Regferns@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 11:44:44 EST

The angiopteris has been studied very little.  As far as I know, and  I've
searched far and wide, a lot of information does not exist. There is a  little
information in most floras from Southeast Asia.   However, Josephine Camus did
a couple of papers on the Marattialean  ferns.You can also track down a
reprint of the The Families and Genera of  Vascular Plants, edited by K. Kubitzki
(Vol. 1:  Pteridophytes and  Gymnospers (Edited by K. U. Gramer and P. S. Green
-- 1990. This has useful  information on Angiopteris and Marattia. It is a
smaller paper, but  useful.
If you are unable to locate it, I can send you a copy via snail mail.
E-mail me privately and I will need your address.
Also The Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History) Evolutionary
cladistics of marattialean ferns by Christopher R. Hill & Josephine M.  Camus;
Botany series Vol 14 No 4, 27 February 1986 is also very helpful.  I  have both of
these, sent to me years ago by Josephine Camus.  It is my  understanding the
she is no longer at the Natural History Museum. But, you  should be able to
track down the Bulletin.
Reggie Whitehead
South Miami, Florida