RE: artificial trees

  • Subject: RE: [ferns] artificial trees
  • From: "Winter, Wim de" Wim.dewinter@wisl.nl
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:17:54 +0200

Keith,

The result of what you describe is much like the terracotta earthenware dovecots that are commercially sold here as "strawberry pots" (see for shape, but apparently different material http://www.potvis.org/Gallery_2_4.html). You remind me that I still wanted to try them for fern use.

The difference with the proposed method is that the plants only can crop out from your predifined cups, at least, I suppose the won't grow over the pvc outside. Also, the mortar/peat outside might look more attractive even when not overgrown.

Wim0