RE: artificial trees

Hi Wim and others

I have also used wire netting made into a 4 in round and filled with sphagnum
moss or old willow roots to grow epiphytes.  This wire only lasts a few years,
stainless would be better, but expensive.

To use PVC as a strengthen tube, it would need to have some method to hold
the sphagnum to the pipe.  Perhaps wire or stainless netting would do the

Yes the PVC I mentioned is used here to grow strawberries and would be useful
for small ferns too.