Re: Extended ASCII test

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Extended ASCII test
  • From: "John Hawkins" john.hawkins@blechnum.net
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:26:29 -0100

I've worked with system administration with both Windows and Unix networks, including some part time email server adminstration. Extended character translation gets mucky at times, especially where different email clients are being used. Best to stick with the lowest common denominator ( i.e. basic ASCII, as Wim suggests ), though even then the different standards used for carriage return/line feed ( new line ) can mess things up.

"The great thing about standards is that you can have so many of them".

cheers, John in Sweden.