fertilisation of Adiantum

  • Subject: [ferns] fertilisation of Adiantum
  • From: "ferns" ferns@fernfactor.co.nz
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 17:42:20 +1200

We, also here in New Zealand tranfer our trays of prothalli from sealed
enviroment into a plastic tent.
In this plastic tent we have a series of fine misting nozzles which come on
to wet prothallus & not so much the medium.
As our weather is cooling down now it may come on once a day & in the hight
of summer can come on 3-6 times per day depending on humidity.
Trick is well drained mix & fine misting to help sperm swim.
Paul Michael