Re: Xerophytic fern ID please

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Xerophytic fern ID please
  • From: XericFerns@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 14:07:29 EDT

Dear Otto,

It would appear that your Mexican xerophyte is Astrolepis  integerrima-a nice
little plant.

It is widespread in Mexico, as well as being found in the southwestern US,
i.e. Arizona, New Mexico, Texas. It is usually found in limestone substrates in
 the wild but my experience is that it will take my xeric mix without any
needed  added lime. It does well for me in the xeric garden here in Bakersfield,
CA.

You have a nice xeric collection. If you're interested in spore of other
xerics, contact me off list and I can forward you a list of what I have
available.

Sincerely,
David Schwartz