Re: Xerophytic fern ID please

Hello Otto,
If you have the Pteridophytes of Mexico or any US Fern Flora you should go through the key for Astrolepis cochisensis (also listed under Nothololaena or Cheilanthes sinuata var. cochiensis, depending on the publication date). It is the slowest grwoing and smallest of the Astrolepis that I have grown. I grow several different geographic cllections of sinuata, as well as what used to be recognized as beitelii and windhamii. David Schwartz in Bakersfield, CA is the best one to verify if I am seeing this correctly from the photo. It is a bit difficult to see all t he characteristics one needs for positive identification from a one dimensional photo.
I am looking forward to visiting GErmany for the first time on a fern tour arranged by Dr.Berndt Peters sponsored by BPS and HFF saocieties.
Judith I. Jones

Otto Ganss wrote:

Hello all,

i have got a xerophytic fern from Mexico which i am not able to identify.
I would appreciate any possible help, thank you.

http://www.bambusarium.de/farne/imgxeroph/unbek.jpg

There are some more images of this fern at:
http://www.bambusarium.de/farne/xerophyten.htm

By the way, I did a major update on my fern page.A lot of images of rather unknown and unusual hardy ferns.Text is unfortunately in german only, sorry.

Regards

Otto in Germany