Re:Torrid affair

  • Subject: [ferns] Re:Torrid affair
  • From: "Jan Carr" jancarr@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:25:07 +1000

Hi Bob,

Yes we are south of the equator, Logan City, which is half way between
Brisbane and the Gold Coast, we had a cool night last night at 14 degrees
celcuis and 31 today, was quite hot in the sun, will be another long hot

We got to go to the United States last november to see our daughter in
Hemet somewhere south of L.A, i was totally lost when we turned a corner,
didn't mind the driving on the wrong side of the road, but those
freeways, they are worse that here, at least when you get onto the
pacific hwy or hwy number 1, the road is smooth, but i did notice that
there is not as many hoon drivers on the freeways there, they hold the
trafic back here and the trafic backs up for miles and miles.

Anyway i enjoyed our torrid affair and our visit over there , we did not
want to come home. But a word of warning, if you come over here at
anystage, catch the space shuttleas the trip in a plane is a horror movie
of it's own and not pleaant.

Catch youi

Needham >Reply-To: ferns@hort.net >To: ferns@hort.net >Subject: Re:
[ferns] DIY horror movie! >Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 04:55:01 -0800 (PST) >
>Thanks for your kind words. I'll give the vinegar thing a try. >Congrats
on the plant care. I thought I had it bad with only >84 office plants!
>Hope your husband is back to normal soon, >-BN > > > From
owner-ferns@hort.net Wed Nov 5 00:54:32 2003 > > X-Envelope-From:
jancarr@hotmail.com > > X-Envelope-To: > > X-Originating-IP:
[] > > X-Originating-Email: [jancarr@hotmail.com] > > From:
"Jan Carr" > > To: ferns@hort.net > > Subject: Re: [ferns] DIY horror
movie! > > Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:49:51 +1000 > > Mime-Version: 1.0 >
laugh with your story it was great. > > > > I have had a horror of a time
for 4 days, starting with my husband having > > a heart turn in the local
doctors surgery and being carted off to the > > hospital and myself left
to care for all his "BABIES". There are > > thousands of them and i have
not been taking notice of what he has been > > doing starting with his
sporlings and the older thousand or so, but i was > > ok to do the
mummies and daddys, i know all about them. Well after four > > harrowing
days and two gales and running around like a mad woman, he is > > home
with his babies and i never killed one plant, not even a prothali, > >
which is a pat on the back for me. > > > > We have not had a breakout of
powder or coconut mite since a couple of > > years ago when i asked what
could we do to get rid of them and i used > > half and half white table
vinigar and water, the vinigar was an elcheapo > > brand, so it did work
and now my husband finds a few here and there, but > > then again we are
in an early summer here now and maybe i should not talk > > to loud, the
little buggers may wake up. We only really had 3 weeks of > > winter this
year. > > > > Anyway, to all, have a Merry Xmas and a very Happy New
Year. > > > > Kind regards > > > > Jan > > > >
Needham >Reply-To: ferns@hort.net >To: ferns@hort.net >Subject: [ferns] >
> DIY horror movie! >Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:01:11 -0800 (PST) > >You >
> fernies have been way too quiet lately. >This ought to teach you
better: > > > > >"THE SPAWN FROM HELL!" > >It all began on a quiet
afternoon as I was > > watering my Rabbit's-Foot Fern. >"Hmm, that looks
like brown scale!", I > > thought. "I really need to wear >my glasses
more often when I water." > > > >I plucked one off, and decided I needed
to have a closer look, so I > > stuck >it to a piece of Scotch tape and
went off to the lab for a closer > > look. > >That's when the horror
began. > >I will never be able to sleep > > without the hall light on
again! > >Have you seen the movie "Aliens"? > > Remember the scene where
the >egg pod opens up, and the guy peeks in? > > Aaaah! This is what this
>thing looked like! I was looking into it from > > the bottom (the side
>closest to the plant) with a 30-power stereo zoom > > microscope, and
>it was scarier (and cheaper) than any day at the movies! > > If I would
>have had popcorn, I would have spilled it! I even considered > > going
>to pop some popcorn in the breakroom and coming back to look, just > >
>so I could spill it and get the total effect! > >I was looking into this
> > little sac about 2mm in diameter. The >outside covering looked
completely > > dead and dry, but the inside >was another story! >
>BLOOD-SUCKING MINIONS > > > >There was between 400-800 tiny eggs, each
about .002 inches inside! > > >The evil horde was getting ready to
invade! Each one looked like >a > > microscopic milky-white rugby ball.
Visions of the movie "Invasion >Of > > The Body Snatchers" in which the
pods took over the world, were >dancing > > through my head! (Although
these pods would have to gain >about 164 > > pounds before they could
replicate me) Then I thought >maybe that > > wouldn't be so bad; one pod
me could stay at work and >earn a paycheck, > > one pod me could clean up
the backyard, one more >could do my taxes full > > time.... > >Now where
was I? Oh, yes.. These little guys were about to > > hatch >and go on the
march! Too bad for them (and thanks to 3M), they > > don't >know that
they are stuck to Scotch Tape, and until they can get > > free >and push
the elevator buttons to get to the second floor, I guess > > >my ferns
are safe from that particular hatching, but I think I see > > >several
more on the plant... > >Well, I'll go look at them every day, > > and
keep you posted on the >horrible developments. You do have a delete > >
key for your email inbox, >right? > >I gotta go. I feel like I need to >
> wash my hands. Those tiny rugby >buggers could be anywhere, and they >
> SUCK! > >Uh, oh, the bathroom is down the hall, I need to turn on the >
> hall light, >but it's dark out there, and I'm afraid to reach around
the > > corner. >I guess I'm stuck in here until sunrise. > >-BN >
>...and to > > borrow a concept from Dave Barry, wouldn't "Blood-sucking
Minions" >be a > > great name for a rock band? > > >