Re: Adiantum lovers

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Adiantum lovers
  • From: "Doret Vermeulen" cfa@mweb.com.na
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:55:35 +0200

Hi Brian,

To tell you the truth I do not know MUCH about Adiantums as they are
impossible to come by so I have not much experience but the once that I have
outside in the ferngarden are doing very good.  And since my Adiantum
cappulis venerus (spelling) was my first fern from my mother in law I always
new that after Staghorns they are me second favour.  Most ferns I have ever
seen was either on the internet or in my fern book.

I only have four Adiantums that are growing in my ferngarden at present.  I
have a few others still in a fishtank but I still do not know if they will
grow or not.  I have only received them 3 days ago.  Someone sent them to me
from the east.  I am so proud of them as so many people are laughing at me
for trying every possible way to get some ferns.  And not many people
believe me when I am telling them that my hobby is keeping ferns as they
think it is impossible to do in our country.

But I still want to thank all the people for their valuable information.

We live more in the North of Namibia where there are more natural trees and
vegetation.  Although we do not have trees in our garden that gives shade.
It is also very hot 38-40 degrees celsius and the winters is not always very
cold.  Some time we receive frost in our town but at our house since we live
there for almost 3 years no frost.

Sorry I did not want to bore any one as I do not have THAT much information
on ferns.  What I know I have learned from a dear friend from South Africa.
She is also the secretary of the Southern Africa fern society.

Kindest regards from Namibia