Re: Asplenium hemionitis

For those having trouble with the long URL, try the TinyURL encoded
version of the same address: http://tinyurl.com/wq1v

(very handy little service)

On a related topic, it got me to thinking what I'd nominate as the most
beautiful fern in the world.  While I don't have the global experience
of some on this list, the exquisite little New Zealand fern Trichomanes
reniforme would have to be on the list.  The photos in Brownsey and
Smith-Dodsworth don't really do justice to the glossy bottle-green
translucence of the little fronds.

See http://www.kaimaibush.co.nz/Ferns/Trichomanes.html
and http://www.hiddenforest.co.nz/plants/trueferns/hymen01.htm
although these photos too don't really show it as it really looks.

DN

--

David Nicholls
Nicholls Communications