Ferns and Orchids from Bangladesh

  • Subject: [ferns] Ferns and Orchids from Bangladesh
  • From: "philip crabb" ninnescah@hotmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:35:00 -0600

In a couple of weeks, a friend of mine is travelling to Bangladesh as part of a US Aid program. The flora of Bangaldesh include many epiphytic ferns and orchids, although we're not certain which genera or species. In the event that several of these might not be CITES protected, we're hoping she might be able to bring a couple of plants back with her.

Does anyone have an idea what ferns are found there?

Are there any special problems, aside from their epidemic of hoof and mouth disease, with importation from Bangladesh?

Thanks, Phil

online games and music with a high-speed Internet connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)