Re: Mikrophos

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Mikrophos
  • From: "Bill Plummer" <remmulp@stny.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:04:03 -0500

Mikrophos, as I understand it is a phosphorous based system that relies on the higher solubility of Calcium Phosphate than Calcium Carbonate that is the cause of scaling. So your ferns are getting extra phosphate. In other water softeners the Calcium is exchanged with Sodium giving excess Sodium in the effluent which builds up in the soil.

Bill Plummer
Painted Post New York

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doret Vermeulen" <cfao@iway.na>