Re: Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Chemical opinion - Attn: Mary
  • From: "Mary Gorton" <mgorton@dca.net>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:38:42 -0800

Kyle,

Here's another Di-Syston product
http://www.bayercropscienceus.com/products/view:di-syston/
I am trying to find out which would be least toxic to combat scale on my
ferns and Clivias indoors: Bonide Systemic Houseplant Granules, Bayer
Advanced Garden Tree and Shrub or Bayer Advanced Garden All-in-One Rose and
Flower Care Concentrate.
The other question I have is whether to use the Bayer products at the same
concentration for houseplants as for outdoor trees, shrubs, roses, and
flowers.
I believe that Imidacloprid (trade name Advantage) is also used as a
systemic to prevent fleas on dogs and cats - I am trying to cofirm that now.

Mary